PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reminders to pilots using OMAA/AUH
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 05:22
Jetjock330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATSI

Might I mention that there is too much talking, and receiving clearances on one frequency, and that in the end, we loose 3 minutes at the gate whilst everyone is getting there ATC clearance, start clearance and landing and take -off clearance on the same frequency and we can't get a word in. Unfortunately everyone is scheduled around the same time for departure, so everyone is trying to get a word in and it becomes a mess. LHR has a delivery and then a ground freq and then twr, so we should not compare to LHR, incase that was the reply I was going to expect.

PDC would be great, in order to help OTP (Over Time Pay for pilots) with minimum congestion on frequency.

Speed control, 300kts to 12 is possible at or 250 at 50nm, but what is your idea of high speed? An automated email is generated when taxying at more than 30 kts and exceedence of 250 below 5000 (almost automated by the FSB). It would be better if someone could say 250 to 8 miles downwind. At least we have the same idea as your request and could well be more obliging. (helpful)

This discussion is helpful and I hope we can all get right one day and not "CONFOOS" the issue! (now where have I heard that before?)

WHITE KNIGHT
I take it you are a hot shot from Dubai?-you remind me of someone that I once knew with a similar call sign (something fox) that loved his BMW 1200 a lot!

Last edited by Jetjock330; 4th Apr 2008 at 15:22.