PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 4th Apr 2008, 03:32
VS-LHRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the "assessment" the only interview now? Always use be two interviews (+ medical).

The assessment day is a measurements, group activity, 2-1 interview and presentation. It hasn't changed much from over a decade ago from what I can tell.

Does it look like November start dates for LGW? Do I also gather that the LHR drives came out later but will course first? Somewhat unfair if that's so.

It's all down to operational requirements. There are going to be holding pools all over the place. LGW has always been secondary when it comes to planning. They would also be waiting to find out what is going to happen with the WW temps before they start coursing external candidates.

Does London Weighting allowances still get paid? And if so does LGW get it?

I'm at LHR and have never had London Weighting. LGW doesn't qualify for LW at any airline as it is not London. That is how VS get away with not paying it.

I understood that the WW temps from redeployment were being offered permanent.

Yes, they were but it was not automatic. There was a period of uncertainty and most of them were on line before the were told from what I have heard.

What's the transfer list like from Gatwick? How long? Somewhat niggling that the LHR came out afterwards.

Transfer list is very long now that it is part of the NSP and there are active transfers for the first time in years. Don't forget, there are a lot of ex-EOG people still there plus ex-City Flyer (original incarnation). The good money is on a 3-7 year wait, depending on what happens at LHR.

What's the promotion like at Gatwick?

Reasonably quick if you have previous flying experience (but that experience has to be fairly recent). Last purser development was in December and you need two years in total but only 6 months with the company. However, once you take purser, you are pretty much stuck there for a good 10-15 years, just like WW LGW. People have made it to Cabin Manager (LGW version of CSD) in two years but that may slow down if attrition slows.