PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye PPRUNE...
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2001, 03:31
McD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busta, you make a very good point. I too am annoyed, saddened, and/or angered by the postings of, as you so correctly stated, "a bunch of people who quite clearly have no interest in the airline industry, or a shred of human decency".

Wouldn't it be nice if the people who "contribute" to this site followed the example of earlier posters. People used to pride themselves on debating the issues, rather than attacking each other. There was still a sense of "the art of debate", in that people could disagree strongly about certain topics but could still conduct discussions in a very respectful fashion.

You're right ... admins and moderators work hard. It's tough at times to walk that fine line between (a) keeping the bulletin board in a reasonable condition for the majority of readers, and (b) perceived censorship. (You wouldn't believe how many people scream "censorship" at the first suggestion that a post is out of order.)

I don't know what else to say to you, because no matter how many PPRuNers maintain a high standard of dignity in their posts, there will always be a few individuals who insist on drawing attention to themselves through their infantile postings. It's a shame that they need attention so badly, and that they can't rise to a higher standard, but I suppose such is life on a BB such as this.

... of course, you do know that even if Capt P "removes" you from this board, it won't stop you from reading the forums Can you really stay away? Or will you end up like the rest of us who find ourselves permanently attached to this site?