PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 20:20
Dane-Ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou for your honest reply.

Firstly with regards to my family, we have decided to travel no matter what, we have lived abroad before and it is something we enjoy, so at worst six months in Florida will be an experience for them.

secondly, I know the money is crap as an instructor, but I have been lucky with property, we will get by, money is not the driving factor in this decision.

Maybe I will hate it, I doubt it, I teach already and enjoy it enormously, I would rather combine both and fly and teach. And you can't seriously tell me there is no thrill in seeing a student gaining his license or going on a first solo?

and lastly, there is no glamour in being an instructor anyway, I have no intentions of working for an airline, so I guess driving a taxi in the air is the height of my ambitions.

I guess the worst case scenario is we have a six month holiday that costs us 400k. I can live with that, and if all else fails I will always be able to return to teaching maths (fortunately recessions don't affect public schools).

regards (with rose tinted specs intact)

D-G