PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye PPRUNE...
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2001, 02:59
Busta Level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Goodbye PPRUNE...

Right, thats it..

Yet another incident that has resulted in the death of someone (see the thread about the Yemeni Capt passing away at LHR), has been (AGAIN) reduced to a slagging match between a bunch of people who quite clearly have no interest in the airline industry, or a shred of human decency. This is happening all the time now on PPRUNE, and I'm fed up with reading it. Please Capt pprune, delete me from this board, so that I can avoid the temptation to read it again.

Without wishing to sound like a winging old git, PPRUNE used to be an excellent source of airline news and gossip, and all postings would recieve a fair hearing. Sadly this is no longer the case. All posts get hijacked by the 'usual suspects' who drag everything down to the lowest common denominator. They seem to take great joy in slagging any view that does not fit in with their narrow view of the world.

This is NOT a criticism of the moderators of the forums, who do a bloody good job of keeping on top of everything. It just seems that with 30000+ members the forum has maybe exceeded it's capacity?

Anyway, I'm sure no-one will miss me, but I really felt I had to make my view heard. I am sure there are others out there who share it.

Thankyou Danny et.al. You helped me get my first flying job in 1997, and I really appreciate all you have done.

Cheers..

Busta Level...