PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reminders to pilots using OMAA/AUH
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 19:12
ATSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Togalk

I was probably the one who made ATSI start this thread.
Apology accepted, but it wasn't because of you only (but thanks for being honest). There's quite a lot who "forgets" to call on the correct frequency for start-up. Many of them being helicopter pilots from Abu Dhabi Aviation, so its not only fixed wing.

ATC should of course learn from this as well. Information to customers via newsletters, NOTAMs or AIP. Within short time I think that all start-ups will be on 121,75. When traffic is low, TWR and GMC may be combined and we can "couple" the two frequencies so we can receive/transmit on both simultaneously. Today we ask our APP Assistant to add to the ATIS broadcasting that GMC is operational on 121,75. I know... OMAA ATIS is terrible!!! With the new control tower a new ATIS system has been ordered to allow for both ARR and DEP ATIS. Until then... well, enjoy. Perhaps we should clean up all the messy pre-recordings (for a start).

The AIP is heavy stuff so read it during pre-flight

WARNING
Radio transmissions have recently been very poor in some areas around OMAA. Routing outbound via KUNGU/DASLA gate and inbound via SODEX/NOBTO seems to be troublesome for readbacks/hearbacks. To my understanding, this is caused by the airport expansion and re-positioning of antennas, cables etc. Not very safe if you ask me. If you become "lost" somewhere on the frequency, then don't hesitate to contact the previous or next frequency notifying them about the problem (but monitor 124,4).

Thank you for the feedback so far. Ramadan is only a few months away...