PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Flying in your blood
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 15:13
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep down I always knew I would get a pilot's licence some day, but I ended up following a different career path because at 15 someone told me I couldn't become a pilot unless I was very good at Maths and Physics.

I spent the next 5 years wondering what to do and the following 10 years doing something that I had no real passion for. Then a few horrible things happened to me and they shocked me into thinking deeply about what I wanted to do with my life.

I then remembered all the model planes I had built, books I had read, magazines I had collected, and air shows I had been to. It was like that moment you recognise a long-lost friend across a crowded room. The memories come flooding back and I realised what I had been missing.

I've always loved airports ( I know, I am odd) and love flying in airliners, despite the lack of legroom . Since I've had a PPL I love every minute in the air and time spent at airfields. I also enjoyed all aspects of my training - even the ATPLs. And for the record, I've had few problems with any of the maths and physics! I just wish things would hurry up so I can get paid to fly.

Last edited by Mikehotel152; 3rd Apr 2008 at 18:48.