PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reminders to pilots using OMAA/AUH
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 15:06
ATSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminders to pilots using OMAA/AUH

Dear Pilots,

May I kindly ask for your attention to highlight some concerns for those of you flying in and out of Abu Dhabi Airport?

ATIS
Please listen carefully to the ATIS broadcasting and check whether GMC is operational or not, and then contact GMC on 121,75 (some Jeppesen charts have 119,25 as GMC, which is incorrect).
When you say “Information Alpha copied” on the TWR frequency 119,2, and the broadcasting actually instructs departing aircraft to contact GMC 121,75, it seems to me you copied nothing but the weather and BS...
Note: We’re planning to operate GMC on a more permanent basis, most likely between 7 am – 3 pm and again between 10 pm – 3 am.

Pushback
Please request pushback when you’re fully ready to push! That’s within 60 seconds! And you have a tow truck in front of you, and the doors are closed, and the high loaders have left etc.

ATC Clearance
ATC Clearance is available prior start-up/pushback.
Contact the appropriate frequency with: Callsign, Parking Stand and Requested Flight Level. The ATC Clearance is available seconds after the TWR Assistant has activated your FPL.

Ready for departure
When you’re approaching the runway holding point, ATC expects you to be ready for departure. If this is not the case, you should as soon as possible inform ATC so they can re-route via an alternative taxi-route if required (even though that is very limited).

Speed control instructions
If ATC have no requirements for speed restrictions/instructions, pilots may then reduce/increase at his discretion. If ATC requires speed control we then expect the pilot to comply exactly with that speed. If unable then please advice. This is an ongoing story. At bigger airports around the world they’ll take you out of the sequence and put you last in the queue…

Fuel Emergency
Ref. UAE AIP AIC 04/2006 you can only expect priority when you state a MAYDAY or PAN PAN call.
However, we’ll try our best to help out if you report low on fuel without declaring an emergency, but you cannot demand priority until you say the magic word…

Opposite direction departures/arrivals
You may request the opposite direction than the runway-in-use, unless it is obvious that your request will be turned down. Also intersection departures if you feel like it.
For departures GMC/TWR may approve your request (after coordination with APP), and GMC/TWR will normally inform you when you’re requesting taxi.
For arrivals APP must coordinate with TWR first.
ATC will always give the highest priority to traffic for the runway-in-use.

My critique is not meant to be negative at all. I’m highlighting concerns seen from an ATC point of view. Since I’m responsible for ATC Training and Unit Standards you’re welcome to “shoot” back with your concerns. I’ll try to answer/clarify any questions/concerns and forward relevant matters appropriately.

Happy flying...