PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 14:22
boeingdream787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bank Guarantee....

Just found something out from my bank. Apparantely it does'nt have a branch in Singapore......!! So i've contacted another bank (of which i,m not a customer yet),and which DOES have a branch in Singapore. Now i'm supposed to deposit 56Ksd (in MY local currency of course),in this bank in a fixed deposit for the required term (ie 5years 5 months). Only then will their branch in Singapore release a guarantee letter to SIA,in the required SIA format ( which is still a mystery to me ).
I'm guessing this procedure is correct. Of course.....to begin with,i've got to be selected first....!!! ....!! Got a strange feeling that all this "information quest" is prolly gonna be all for nothing.....lol. But better to be prepared than be caught with ur pants down,I always say.
Oh,BTW this bank which is willing to issue me a guarantee for the required amount and period is also charging me a "small" fee. Manager said it was 3% per annum of amount guaranteed for. For the entire period. I managed to get it down to 2%. Did'nt know these things were negotiable...!! Might pick up some spare change at the end of the 5 year period by way of interest on monies deposited,through all of this though.
Still wondering though,what were these papers that one was supposed to take with oneself..?? Are these bank papers required for the interview..??!! I certainly should hope not! Will take a little more time.... .
OF COURSE......SIA HAS TO AGREE TO ALL THIS.....!! ( Right....???!!? )

Last edited by boeingdream787; 3rd Apr 2008 at 14:39.