PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning to Mil Aircrew claiming RLE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 14:20
SidHolding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Warning to Mil Aircrew claiming RLE

I am dealing with some infuriating bureaucracy in trying to claim my Refund of Legal Expenses following a recent posting/assignment.

I've opted to let my property near my previous unit and rent near my new unit. As detailed in the JSP, I'm entitled to claim for the costs in drawing up the tenancy agreement for my let property. However, the claimant must have an expectation of being at their new unit for 12 months or more. Fair enough, eh....

When posted to an OCU, your JPA assignment order only 'assigns' you for the duration of your course (most OCUs 3 - 6 months I believe). Despite the fact you'll be on the Sqn normally for a minimum of 3 years thereafter, the JPA Cell at Portsmouth has decided that without an assignment order for a tour of 12 months or more you do not meet the criteria of the 12 month expectation and they will not pay out!!!!!

Surely this applies to all Military Aircrew assigned to an OCU?!?

The allowances chap on my unit, who fortunately is very helpful, has explained to me that in some recent cases even a letter from the Desk Officer did not suffice, so all that's left is to go through the lengthy process of writing a letter to JPACC (Joint Pay/Allowances Casework Centre) explaining why they should bend the rules to consider my application!!!

Has anyone else had this problem recently? Anyone know a better approach? Please PM me if this is the case. This is the last thing I need to be bothering with when up to my eyeballs in SOPs, AMTech, AMFlying, FRCs etc etc etc

Thanks,

Sid.