PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR with Wolverhampton Flight Centre
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 14:04
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
potkettle... no offence mate but I know of quite a few who have trained at The Flight Centre and are in jobs.... dont be fooled by "big schools" and marketing crap
None taken. You seem to be implying that this school now has links to the airlines? If so that is great and perhaps you could post all about it to the benefit of all those wannabes in the pipeline. If they don't then I wouldn't read much into the fact that guys are getting jobs after going there. People get jobs from every school.

When I got my first airline job in the RHS of an A320 my school wanted to throw me up on their website. Fact was that none of the 50 or more guys and gals advertised on their website ever had any direct assistance in getting a job from the FTO. Sure we got great training but as always it was a combination of luck, nouse, inside contacts, good CV, personal presentation, showing aptitude, timing and of course passing interviews, a sim ride and other tests along the way.

Now if you could go to a school (small ones not the big ones with marketing hype you refer to) which guarantees to put forward x number of CV's per month to an airline like Flybe AND you can find out what hoops you will need to jump through then that means a hell of a lot more to me. Probing questions is what needs to be asked.