Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Telecommunications
(WPC Wing)

Sanchar Bhavan
20, Ashok Road
New Delhi-110 001
March 13, 2008

MEMORANDUM

Sub: Renewal of permits in respect Flight Radio Telephone Operators Licences (FRTOLs)-
Addendum thereof.

In continuation to this Ministry’s Memorandum of even number dated 7th February, 2008 regarding “Conversion/issue of permit in respect of Forreign Flight Radio Telephone Operators Licences (FRTOLs)”, the following additional provisions are effected.

i. With a view to facilitate smooth transition and to enable the existing Permit holders to take up the Part-I examination conveniently, it has been decided by the Competent Authority that all eligible holders of Indian Permits, issued on the basis of Foreign FRTOLs, are given a one time extension of validity of such Permits up to 31st December, 2008. All eligible holders may accordingly apply to this Ministry to get their permit renewed up to 31.12.2008. Further renewals beyond this date will be permitted only after clearing the Part I of the RTR(A) examination conducted by this Ministry by them.

ii. Applications, in respect of fresh conversions, submitted after 7th February, 2008 shall be treated in accordance with this Ministry’s Memorandum of even number dated 7th February, 2008.

s/d……. ( Gulab Chand)
Asstt. Wireless Adviser to Govt. of India

To

1. Director General, Civil Aviation Dept., New Delhi.
2. All Regional Licensing Offices.
3. Website.