PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sigmar Aviation Jet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 10:30
martyn83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigmar Aviation Jet Pilot Programme

Hi I have been reading a lot of threads about all the different types of training and people's experience's but would appreciate some none B.S. advice from people in the know.

I have been accepted on to Sigmar Aviation's Jet Pilot Programme and now is the time when I have to find the 95,000 euro's (74,609.46 GBP) it will cost. After speaking to a few banks although I have a guarantor it seems like it will take a few seperate loans to pay for. Obviously this is a huge amount of money and I will only be able to do this with the help of my parents and brother.

Im 24 and have no real responsibilites of my own but can’t help but wonder if this is the best route in to flying. I’m not living in a bubble where I think I will do my training and a job will be handed on a plate to me as I wont even have a TR or many hours. I’ve worked at an airport for 8 years so I am not naïve about the aviation industry and have spoken to colleagues and flight crews about this.

Obviously Sigmar have talked themselves up to me and said they help find jobs but always avoid the question of how involved they actually are, for all I know I could do the training then they just leave me to it especially as they are based in Dublin and I am in London.

What Im really asking is what would people do in my shoes if they had the chance to do integrated?
I think time is still on my side so also wonder would modular be the best route for me as it would cost less and hopefully mean I don’t have to involve my family?
If this is the case can anyone recommend a good place to do my PPL and CPL here or abroad?
I have also seen talk about people becoming FI’s and wonder people’s views on that to help in there career?

Thanks in advance