PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA approved electronic logbook?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 09:02
skyfarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reviving an old thread

Just found this thread when looking to clarify the UK CAA approval or not of electronic logbooks, and thought I would add a comment or two.

Regarding the unanswered question from Danger_Mouse about Capt signatures for every flight. My understanding is that although officially each and every flight should be signed by Capt when you are flying as an F/O and logging P1 u/s, it is accepted that this is not practical and and a signature for all the flights certifying that the P1 u/s flights are correct is acceptable. Over what time period each sig should cover, I dont know, per page, monthly?? longer period? after 500hrs flying. Anyone any further info?

Second point. I have been using Skymark Technologies Aloft Commercial Logbook for a few years now. Available in Student/PPL and Comm flavours, and can sync with the Pocket version that runs on Windows mobile phones/PDA's.

It has custom options for Australia, Canada, USA (FAA) and Europe (JAA)

Prints out in as many formats as you want, from a selection of in built (editable) layouts, (JEPP, JAR-FCL, AOPA ) plus you can customise to your own layout. Allowing printing from any start date you choose, and as many lines per page as your old paper logbook. This is great if you still want to keep your old paper logbook written up by hand....print out in the same format with regard to lines and page start date, and then copy the printouts directly to your hand written logbook, with all totals at the bottom of each page the same on printed book as hand written.

Worth a look.