PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 21:17
Shaka Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If (and this is a big IF) you had read my posts properly then you would have seen that I have a great deal of respect for most of the loaders. There have been massive cuts, they work with poor equipment and as always BA doesn't treat them with much respect.
Massive overtime has been required long before T5 to keep the show on the road (BY ALL DEPARTMENTS, even if some of us do not even get paid for it on the day).
I spoke to one loader and he was properly exhausted 3 weeks ago, I can only imagine how he must feel today.
And yes of course I can not PROOF what I say, however where there is smoke......
Been in BA a reasonable while to understand the inner workings...

It's a sad fact that proper management would have sorted this situation before it had arisen. We have a leadership team in place that falls on the 1st hurdle: LEAD.
2nd hurdle: they properly do manage very well, but they manage costs and not people.
So what might look good on paper, might not generate the cost savings they envisioned in their ivory towers...

T5 IS and will be a beautiful home I hope for us in BA. I for one am mightily proud to work for this company.
I have VERY big bones to pick with this 'management' but as it goes for the brand and loyalty towards my company I will always go the extra mile.
We'll see what comes from it, but it's clear some 'managers' have spun the truth they heard from the front line. This information has watered down through the upper echelons to an 'all seems okay' message, hence the current problems.
And there is the nub: COMMUNICATION and RESPECT for eachothers jobs. Empowerment and a feeling of trust that your complains are carried to the right people.
I can only blame poor management for it as recent surveys have shown.

I feel sorry for all that is going on. I hope we can make it up. I shall try