PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 20:24
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMB has stated before that he thought Bransons projections "rather racey" i would not be surprised to see that when bmi 2007 group profit figures are published shortly that at a trading level bmi will have done rather better than Virgin, both are private (non PLC) companies with large minority shareholders SIA & LH

SMB will not fly under the Virgin title or LH for that matter, at best you might get bmiVirgin

Most of what i seen about baby on this thread is utter rubbish, i doubt that there is a clock ticking, sure baby need to be seen to be profitable, if the investors are to commit to a new fleet order. The new routes and frequencies released so far this year show a marked change from the previous mind set of flying to every destination every day, this has allowed bolt on's to Poland and the (re) introduction of places like NCE and increases to FAO with the same fleet size or smaller, plus city breaks to LIS & MAD from Manchester.

The big test now comes at BHX with Ryanair, can baby grow the business there as it has at EMA?