PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 14:03
juliadayla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad interview

Hi there, I'd like to bring my personal experience with Etihad altough it's an odd one.

I attended the assessment day on the 25th of Feb., in Milan and believe it or not, I was the only one to have turned upOnly 45 miutes later,anothergirl showed up! There were three girls from the Recruitment dept. Actually, the third was just assisting the process as a trainee. Two are from Philippines, the trainee is French. The boss is a girl of about 25 and has 3 year-experience within etihad. The second is not a cabin crew for her height doesn't allow her to meet the minimun requirements.
Due to total lack of candidates, I didn't get any formal presentation of the company itself and didn't do any group job. I only did the english test, being not native speaker and the one-to-one interview. Simple questions were asked like..Why did you choose to apply for a position with them, do you know anything about abu dhabi and life there, do you think you'll have problems relocating in a muslim country or sharing a flat with people you don't know, what would you do if a female passenger vomited on her garments..

I went through this 1st stage and they are checking on my references.
The other girl didn't get it, she was rejected!I am a 10-year-experienced cabin crew and the other candidate has been flying for 3 and was a purser! So don't worry.

Do keep in mind to:
-get there on time, better if you get there at least 20 minutes earlier so that you can have the chance to introduce yourself to the interviewers with a nice smile
-Style of clothing: formal business
-Hand in a clean Cv sheet etc...
-Say that you gathered info on Etihad and Abu dhabi from the internet, if no personal experience with that.
-If you are nervous, just admit it and apologize for any mistake you may do
-Say that, although you don't have any customer care experience provided by yourself, YOU have been a customer yourself and know what is like receiveng a good or a bad service. Just say that you still remember being on the side of a customer and that will be your chance to deliver service.

Good luck! I think both Abu dhabi and Etihad are great but have some doubts about the salary they offer!

Julia