PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Cabin Crew Australia Pty Ltd (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 11:14
QFQCCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to the long haul crew for their feedback and the standard bitchiness that I would come to expect, very similar to on board behaviour.

I am somewhat amused though, as you seem to think that QCCA crew should be grateful for all of the new flying positions that you have created, however I feel you should be thanking me because without QCCA crew your future would be looking very, very sad. Instead of being grateful to the QCCA for giving you a better range of flying and a stable future for the next five years you come back with your reality check comments and the comparison to ANZ shanghai based crew. If anyone needs a reality check it is QF Crew. As stated there are a lot of flying positions around at present so it wouldnt have been all doom and gloom if QCCA was not established except of course for QF long haul crew.

As Pegasus747 stated QCCA is the future, I am not interested in bidding or seniority and the sooner we see the back of it the better. If the company put it on the table to abolish it in the next EBA I will be voting yes now and I am sure every QCCA crew member would be doing the same as why would we vote for something that doesnt effect us and can only enhance our earning capacity. The sooner ALL crew have access to the flying the better and as an FAAA member I would expect the FAAA to ensure that is the case. The days of protecting existing QF crew will be long gone in the next four years or so.

I could spend all night giving witty and bitchy responses to your posts, but think I will leave that to the QF crew. All I can say is that I hope in 4 and half years or so QCCA outnumber current crew so that the majority can access the flying that will give us a decent pay, which after all is what all crew are after.

Oh and by the way for potential QCCA crew reading this thread be very careful when you read quotes for Pegasus and the like when they state QCCA crew can earn $50-$60K because that is just not possible unless you get high allowance trips and even some QF crew cant get those trips. As for promotions sure they are available but even if 50 positions were available (which they are not) the chances of scoring such a promotion is very slim. Go in with your eyes open bank of the $1100 per fortnight and small monthly allowances and you wont be disappointed.