PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotor Vibrations
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 07:47
Alloa Akbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Munga

The same can be said of a number of parts of the aircraft, some of which, when worn, actually produce vibrations which are the same frequency as say 2R.. I think our original poster may have wanted to focus on MRH vibrations, but a good point from you all the same.

My own thoughts on chordwise weight adjustment is that I don't do it unless for example I find I have a significant track spread across forward flight speeds, and perhaps adjusting the blades pitching moment is the best way forward. Speaking as one who has worked on the development of script files / smartcharts or datacards dependant on which kit you are familiar with, I can tell you that actually calculating and predicting the outcome of a chordwise weight adjust is rather complicated, and to perfect it, we would need to fly a high number of flight hours on non revenue testing.. which is expensive, therefore, the RTB Kit manufacturers will test a couple of aircraft, and then use data fed back from you guys in the field to evolve the charts / scriptfiles. In essence this means that a mature aircraft should be a piece of cake, however every time you have a new blade modification, new engines or a change to the aircraft's inherent modes of vibration, then the reliability of the files is diminished slightly.

My point being, don't follow the RTB blindly, think about what you are about to do, the kit isn't always right.