PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 03:48
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inside Information..

Rest assured fellow V applicants that the number of intakes from over in Dubai so far appears a lot smaller than most thought. Apparently yesterday there were only aprox 20 EK crew being interviewed for the Cabin Crew position..the FM's are being interviewed today, dont know the number, but it looks like the amount will be the same as will be the Cabin Leaders the day following that!..At this stage V wont be returning to interview in DXB, its just this one off. Hope this helps the confidence of the ones applying that were convinced that most slots would go to EK Crew (and the EK crew know how to interview well!) But as far as what seems to be the case (and was my initial thought as well) V are just needing a small amount of EK crew to mix in with the new recruits from Aus and NZ...possibly because they are already certified on the B777-300ER? (..and what a gorgeous A/C that is!!).

They are interviewing for the first 3 A/C at present and training for that looks like it will be beginning Aug thru to Oct. Cabin Crew expect 5-6wks training, FM 8-9! DXB crew will know in 2 weeks if they were successful.

Also...expect NZ turnarounds (which looks like starting operation in Jan 09) and average roster hours of up to 120!! Pay is still not yet 'finalized'...

Cheers

Last edited by OzyOS; 2nd Apr 2008 at 05:34.