PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most Desired Regional Job In NZ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 00:10
cjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Smacker, no tunnel vision, just tried to quickly list them in some order, doesn't bother me cause I don't fly for any of them, interesting the pay scales you mention tho....

quote"Air National F/Os are about 3 thousand shy of Eaglets but there Captains base Salary starts at 52k I believe plus about 8k per annum non tax's" end quote.

The problem with that argument is that Brand new Eagle captains have both a higher base salary and more allowances. ...So really, Eagle F/O's and Eagle captains get paid more, have staff travel, better engineering facilities, fly newer machinary and don't have to pay for a type rating.....you still haven't convinced me that I should have put National above Eagle, have another try but don't use living in the major cities as a selling point,, a lot of folks would prefer Taupo, Mt Maunganui, Ohope, Blenheim etc, especially on those low salaries we are discussing.
PS...taking all that into account, and the fact that you started the thread with Eagle at the bottom of the list makes me wonder if you've been burned by their silly interview process and come down with tunnel vision?
All in good fun mate, cjam