PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - small jet down in London
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2008, 22:25
kinsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the owner has several businesses including part or all of a racing team! The pilot of the aircraft was a close personal friend and I can tell you he would not have operated the aircraft if all was not above board and the owner would not have asked him too. Mike Chapman was one the most professional pilots I have ever known and also one of the nicest and most honourable guys it has ever been my privilege to meet. I count myself fortunate to have known him and called him my friend. These are not just words nor am I alone in my opinion; I have never met anyone who would have a bad word to say about the man. A gentleman, a great aviator and all round good guy, I only hope we can all leave this life so well respected and loved by those who knew us as Mike has!

I have to say I have been appalled by some of the reporting on this incident and disappointed at some of the remarks on this forum. Show a little respect for his friends and family and don’t turn this into an opportunity to get the airport near houses argument to the fore. Accidents happen; very rarely does an aircraft crash into houses near or far from airfields.

Mike will be missed by all who knew him as will the other victims of this accident.