PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoking
Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2008, 15:07
Dane-Ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Chemical addiction: If you manage to overcome the psych addiction, a couple days later, your body will show the symptoms of the detox. Thats the only serious part of quitting smoking. It actually can hurt, deprive you from sleeping or carrying a normal life

Sorry but this is the one big fallacy that stops most smokers from even trying to stop.

The half life of nicotine is about two hours, and significant amounts of nicotine only remain in the blood for six to eight hours. after a week it's gone.

If you go for a twelve hour flight without smoking you have lived through the worst physical symptoms, everything else is psychological.

The physical withdrawal symptoms are rather like being hungry (one of the reasons people put on weight when the stop, they misinterpret the symptoms for hunger) and a bit restless, they don't hurt and after a week they are gone.

I was positive i could never stop smoking, I had tried on countless occasions, with patches, gum etc etc. I think what the one thing that the Allan Carrs book did was make me understand the process my body and mind was going through. made it so easy to stop.

Good luck with stopping.

D-G

P.S the gums and patches ARE drugs, they contain that very addictive drug called nicotine