PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 1st Apr 2008, 13:08
Rambocrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr So sad :(

I just got 'Thanks but no thanks' e-mail from them, after the phone interview.

I got the phone call from them once, but it was not convenient time for me to talk. Then I tried to contact them back, but it was difficult to arrange a mutually agreeable opportunity.

When i eventually got back through to them they couldn't find my application and told me to call back. I called back and the whole conversation started with "why did I call them"! From there, just down hill. There seemed to be no communication between them. (They were asking me to call them back)

They accused me of mixing my first and last name around but i checked my application on line afterwards and it was fine. I really don't know how could it be?!

Then the interview was clearly nothing but laborious for the interviewer who clearly was already tired & fed up with everything after a whole day long of working. Couple all of these things with a bad / crackly line and it's no wonder I got the "thanks but no thanks" e-mail a few hours later!

Quite dissappointed by the whole handling of the applications. At first they seemed genuinely interested and seemed to push me towards a higher position (In-Flight Manager) than I applied for (CC & Cabin Leader) but in the end it seemed they had reached their quota (in Dubai) and I just became a formality.

My situation seemed like I really had no luck with them...so sad.