PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2008, 10:22
OverFlare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BA way - we're not happy, till you're not happy

Seat62K

I work for BA. I don't know how or why the decision to close the T4 arrivals lounge was taken but it is typical of BA management - they will waste a lot of effort trying to save money in ways that end up costing them a lot more. It is worth remembering that our managers could not care less about you. T5 is the same - we cut manpower to the bone because T5 was meant to require fewer people - look at us now, cancelling flights because we don't have enough baggage loaders to operate the system or cabin crew to operate flights.

T5 is turning into the most embarrassing disaster ever and with BA all in one place at Heathrow, it will soon become very very clear that the mess is our fault. If it doesn't change there will be no bookings for next year and we'll go the way of Sabena.

Partick Thistle Nil

As for why I, for one, will not go volunteering to help my employer out of its difficulties even though I'm sat at home on a day off? Perhaps because for the past few months they have been calling me, along with over 3000 other pilots, a "contaminant" who is unfit to operate their new Open Skies operation. You reap what you sow and, frankly, BA can f**k off.

OverFlare.