PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 90 Day Rule
Thread: 90 Day Rule
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2001, 16:34
The Flying I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ex-oggie - But as that site says - did you start logging P1/s because you were told to
by someone, or because you read the CAP rules?

The only real effect from JAR (which calls it something like 'picus') is that the log book entries are being examined more closely as pilots claim 12 hours. It's all "hit the fan" a bit and rule book began to have dust blown off them because PPLs were found within
syndicates double-claiming hours to both get 12 using the same flights saying one was checking the other.

I think there is an easy way round it for the instructor flights and 90 days rules, which is what this posting is all about:
You can log training (pu/t) for any training for the grant, renewal, or revalidation of a rating. So when you go to an instructor to get 3 take offs and landings under supervision, all you say is " I am thinking of revalidating my SEP rating by means of a test at some time in the future - I would like a bit of training - exactly 3 circuits in fact - in preparation for that revalidation or renewal test". You take the training, log it as pu/t, and then at some time in the future you re-assess your intention to have the test.

Everyone should now be happy - instuctor gets p1, you get p u/t as you were undergoing training for a revalidation or renewal of a rating (6 hours of which can count into your 12 hours should you wish to go that way), you get 3 take offs and landings. No-one loses as far as i can see