PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC ramps up training at NZHN - More overcrowding?
Old 1st Apr 2008, 02:24
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Hans just proved my point about how the two frequencies don't work as well as they could..

The current procedures didn't happen overnight...and are the product of extensive customer consultation, trial, and amendment.
There wasn't much customer consultation right at the start, this only came after complaints about how things were working. Yes it is much better now but could be better still.

There needs to be mention on th ATIS about when there is two frequencies in operation. Many IFR operators like to have the next frequency ready on the standby ready to change when told to by Bay. This is the lottery I was referring to - which freq to dial up on standby.

With reference to training, I think you missed my point Slackie. If I take my car to the garage I don't expect excuses from them about the quality of work because they had the trainee on the job. ATC's job is to provide a service, that service is affected when there is ATC training in progress. I think that was the point that an earlier poster was trying to make.

Hans makes another good point about the lack of understanding about what an aircraft can or cannot do.