PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - small jet down in London
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2008, 01:33
Tequilaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questionable quote from Sky News

Quote:

Steven and Peter Hale told reporters their mother Pat is "bearing up very well" and her husband, Ed Harmond, is on his way back from a trip abroad.

This is reference to the damage to her house. Am glad the old girl is bearing up well. End of the day she will be insured and the hubby decided that it was better to finish up his golf holiday and then return home. I really hope the family, friends and beloved of the tragically killed dont see the terrible heartbreak of this couple. I am not devaluing major damage to your house for one moment but have a heart, material posessions can be replaced, figureheads of households, fathers to children, husbands to wives and in some cases sons can never be replaced.

I did not want to get drawn in to this thread but the callous and frankly appalling reporting shoved down my throat for the last 36 hours has been too much now.

My heart and condolences goes out to all concerned and those 2 guys in LH & RH seat are held in the highest of esteem for their actions surely saved the lives of many others and showed what true professionals are made of, not some idiotic eye witnesses looking for their five minutes of limelight. RIP