PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - small jet down in London
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 22:31
robschopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, my condolences to the families of all involved. May their loved ones rest in peace.

I have to say that, for the first time in many years, I had to switch off the Sky and BBC coverage of this appalling incident. So much unbelievably bad reporting, it was truly sickening. I've seen some bad coverage in the past, but this took the biscuit.

Five people lost their lives in this crash! Bearly a mention!

Mr and Mrs whoever lost their house. Sad ... but more than likely insured. Get a new one!

Local M.P came on ... usual hospital, school, playing field etc ... shouldn't be aircraft flying over blah blah blah. Get a life!

'Pilot was a hero for avoiding hospital, and playing fields'. Now, i'll admit, i'm not a pilot, but I have been aircrew in the past. I'm sure the pilots only objective was to get back to 21 at Biggin and i'll put money on it that he wouldn't have even known the hospital was there.

As for those 'experts' on the News, they should be ashamed of themselves. They should have the balls to say 'I'm sorry, i don't know the answer to that question' instead of making up wild theories and statements with no basis in fact. One was asked by the reporter on Sky, how high the aircraft would be two miles out from the runway and stated 7000 feet!! What IS the climb rate of a Citation, as good as a fighter jet obviously! ... come on now ... make an effort!

What it all boils down to is this - rolling news programmes have to fill for time. They have journos who know sod all, questioning Mr and Mrs Chav and sonny chav who know less than sod all, often by telephone from 'their home which was almost hit by the crashing plane'. It's a sad indictment on news 'services' today ... and frankly should be banned from our lives, long before any flight paths over residential areas. Maybe we should just close all the inland airports and build new ones at the coast, so that aircraft only approach and depart over the sea!!

I wonder how long that idea will take to come up on Sky????

Watch this space!