PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 22:08
BAengineering

WEE Willie interview

Willie Walsh Sky interview; my observations

When someone uses the word ‘honestly’ it generally means they are lying

WW - ‘but you know, ehhh, quite honestly, I’m bitterly disappointed that it wasn’t a success’

So what was he really thinking???? When asked about resigning states;

WW - ‘I’m more determined than I was the last time I was in here (sky studio) to make this work’

God help us if he’s more determined……

WW - ‘my position as CEO was I wasn’t going to celebrate after the first day, I I I never defined success as making it work on day one’

OK I really don't get that one Willie, it has been reported you were having a HOOLEY in Waterworld with all the special Waterwallowers. You were crowing at 6am on the news telling the world how F'in great it all was. You are factually a liar, simple as, pure blatent unadulterated fibbing. Sh1t party anyway, you couldn't even get that right, don't you know doughnuts are so fattening. Hope the Craic was good as it'll probably double as your leaving party. Did you say your goodbyes?

WW - ‘I think I said to you the last time I was in here that I would look back after the first year of operation’ ‘and say, you know, was that a success’

WHAT!!!!, what do you mean 'I think' surely your a switched on kid, surely Wee Willie you know, 'Oi Tinnk Oi said so'. You never did, you were always as 'to be sure' it;ll work on day one..... you;ve said so and promised many times... The video interviews are everywhere.

WW - ‘I have to take responsibility as the book rests with me’

What is this book resting with him? Is it the instruction manual for T5 that he won't share with anyone?

WW - ‘I thought we were ready but we clearly weren’t’

Now your getting to the real substance of the sorry affair, proper admission of lack of managerial integrity amongst your team. If you were not properly advised that the situation was so dire, whose head is going to role for effectively failing to provide you with the required foresight to call GO on T5 transfer? The truth is you are so arrogant that you couldn't help but march right on in. All the best general's in history have been satisfied to retreat if necessary, they do not see this as a weakness. All the worst generals, Gengis Khan included, let their reputation and individual arrogance cloud their decision making.

I am not saying I could do any better, not my field of expertise. I am saying that when your General displays the such poor judgement, arrogance and clearly does not have his lieutenant's working with him, it is only a matter of time before he is stripped of his stripes. Today that means resignation, sadly probably with a golden handshake.

Sorry for any typos.