PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Life
Thread: Atlas Life
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 21:57
SC_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlas Life

Hi All,

There don't seem to be any recent posts about the quality of life at Atlas, specifically regarding communting to STN from the US. Is it easier now with gateway cities? If I wanted to live in, say, Italy, is that possible as well? How hard is it to have a personal life?

I am very interested in Atlas. I'm probably one of the few that actually wants to live in Europe, once I can afford it. The schedule will be rough, there is no doubt, but I imagine it is something that you get used to over time.

I'm currently at the regionals, and I just don't like passenger service. Especially passenger service tied to a major airline. Every week the schedules change, meaning that we never know if we are over or under staffed. We do fly into some interesting places, but we never overnight there. I got into aviation to see the world, and Atlas seems like a good place to go to meet that goal.

Please understand that I'm getting into this with open eyes. I'm looking for information on the company, specifically how financially sound it is, what the future prospects are for QOL with a new contract, etc. Is Atlas the kind of place that could be a career, or is it mostly just a waypoint?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide. It helps a lot.

~A Regional Pilot