PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 20:27
dazpoo23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just thought i'd recap my experience at stage 1, considering the help you guys have been i thought it might be worth it.

To start off i had a morning appoinment at the new hilton in deans gate manchester, a beatutifull building but intimigatingly posh. I was impressed at the expense went through but was greeted by a suprisongly hostile short balding HR bloke, and his cherie female co-worker. Whilst waiting i was suprised to hear the number of people expected to turn up (43+), about 20 of us sat in near silence, there was then a small talk we jotted down our reference numbers and then left for the motivation test. Stupidly i had left my reference shhet upstairs in the intiial room and after being given the test the preivously cheery lady left us to do the test as she fetched my sheet.

motivation paper- all i can say is manage your time well cause it went fast, the questions were a mixture of technicall (in the paper), and general knowledge (how far from london to; scotland and other euporpean centres). Also remember to LEARN THE AIRCARFT DETAILS, i remember reading elsewhere in this thread that it was needed but luckily i skimmed over it.

next came the motivational talk, which wasnt what i expected and seemed to be hindered by the seeimngly timid group and inexperienced ATCO (who wasnt fully qualified yet). during the break he ended up switching on te Tv and watching news 24

ability test-Also needs a precise memeory of time, i ran 4 questions short(which i penicled in later on, and most others didnt finish) the best advice for this is not to second guess, if you think its right, tick it.The data check test wasnt too bad, as for letters you can remeber them phoentically.
Then came the cubes, they start of easy, but you really ned to visualise them in your head, every now and then i will think about what im doing too mcuh and loose concentration, so its best to just let your natural abilities take over. I had a minute or so left at the end of this and used it to correct some mistakes. Being an architecture student my spatial awarness wasnt too bad.
Sequencing was my hardest test, in the time the tutor is going over rules ect it can be used wisely to throughly remember the action to each symbol, i even found myself jotting down the answer on spare paper.

11days later i recieved an email to do persoanlity questionaire, does this mean i'm through 1st stage, can i get kicked out on basis of questionaire results?

btw there were alot of suits, some jeans and t-shirts, i just wore casual/smart trousers and a shirt and jumper, i dont think they care too much as it cant be of the utmost relevance at this stage