PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in the region (Merged ad nauseam)
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 16:50
bunkwild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jobs....once again

I am a commercial pilot flying in northern Canada....low time, 500hrs, multi ifr, float rating,...pretty standard stuff. I have decided to move to Belize this fall and understand that the 2 main places there are Tropic Air and Maya. Yes, I have used the search function on this website, just curious if anyone has any new advice or info and the region. I am 24 years old, and not aiming for the major airlines. Have always wanted to live somewhere hot or abroad for a few years. Finally implementing my plan. I know the industry is booming now and figure now's the time to make the move. Hoping my low time and experience doesn't hinder me too much. I have read previous threads, and it sounds like a few years ago it was a tough go to get a gig down there. I do have standards and won't take any garbage job that is available. I have heard all about the safety factor down there too. I have emailed a few places, but no reply...big surprise, I know. Best approach to go down in the fall and show up in person? Once I leave Canada, I'm really hoping not to come back for a while. hmmmmm.
Thanks to those who choose to reply.