PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground Exams and time
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 20:55
Ian_Wannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ground Exams and time

Hey everyone,

Right, I'm going to the USA (west coast) next July 'ish to get my PPL with a night rating.

I've been advised to get the ground exams out of the way before I go over to the USA so I can concentrate on flying while I'm there.

The problem with that is time, I'll be doing my PPL in the 6 weeks I have off from college. I realise that the course in the USA is only 3-4 weeks but doing ground exams here and then going to the USA I assume will take up more than 3-4 weeks.

So obviously doing my ground exams here, then going to the USA to do the flying in the little space of 6 weeks will be a tough ride, especially when the 6 weeks is supposed to be my break from A-Levels!

If all that made sense to you you're doing well so far!

To spread out the time a little I've had a think about doing a PPL exam in the holidays I have leading upto July.

E.g. I get 2 weeks off in late November, so in that holiday I'll do the 1st ground exam. I get 1 week off in December, so in that holiday I'll do the 2nd ground exam etc.

I'd just like to know if you experienced pilots out there think this is a good idea... or if it won't work because each subject takes longer that the 1-2 weeks.

Thanks for your time.. I hope it made sense

Ian

[ 23 September 2001: Message edited by: Ian_Wannabe ]