PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are my chance
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 12:50
QFcaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Furb,
First of all I never said that we get payed enough mate.It could be better but I do stand by my comment about the salary being better then most other jobs.From the people I know, I don't know any other proffessional that makes more than I do so I don't know where you work and how much you make but I did say legacy/major airlines.I'm refering to age vs salary so lets say when a kid starts training to be a pilot at 21 and gets their first airline gig at 26.
Who makes more then 100k at 26years old?please tell me.Captain by 35 approx so that puts them on 150k+ or at QF(this may take longer) well over 200k and upwards.Although Oz does have some of the lowest Pilot salaries appart from QF being half decent but still 250k+ isn't so bad compared to to a lawyer or a dr and let's not forget a potential 200k+ a VB in the long term.So anyway the point is get outa here asap!
As for plumbers/brickies etc., Australia is the ONLY country on the planet where a tradey makes more then a f****ing doctor!
"equality" ey! more like discouraging education.

Airline Pilots in 90% of the world are considered the higher earning proffessionals especially in Asia and EU and the respect comes with that.

It's a high earning proffession, that's fact.
It could be much better in regards to T&C, that's fact.

cheers
qfskip