PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 09:03
Bobbsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Youtube "censorship"

I know I'm a bit late with this but I'm quite a few time zones out of sync with most of you...

Anyway, several pages back a number of people complained about not being able to see certain videos on Youtube and assumed it was BA censorship.

For once, BA is innocent. It's the BBC who have forced Youtube to restrict access to their copyright material when posted on that site. (This may well apply to some other UK broadcasters as well but it's only BBC I know about for sure.) I'd love to see some of those videos too, but am used to seeing the "not available in your region" message whenever I try to get BBC stuff.

As for the debate about whether BA or BAA is responsible for this fiasco, it's a bit of a sterile argument. I bet you'll find that, contractually, they're both as guilty as each other. On a project like this there will be a massive service level agreement between the two companies and, on past experience, I'll wager neither of them thought much about the passengers or the potential problems when this was being drawn up.

Bob