PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA 34-200 perfomance question
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 08:42
Tony Hirst
Formerly HWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting regards the no flap take off. Brings up alot of thought regards engine failures soon after take off. Standard brief from CFI during check out was the take off with two stages of flap and rotate at 77 Kias.
No wonder, the rotate speed for a Seneca 1 with 25 flap is 65 kts. What is interesting about the performance t/o is that the POH states that one should climb at Vx until x00' whereas due to lack of obstacles beyond the threshold at the place I flew it from, the technique is to hold the nose down and accelerate. The problem with the latter is it takes a significant amount of time to get to Vsse, chewing up all the available runway in the process with absolutely no room for manoeuvre. I'm open to thoughts on that.

A short field landing requires a firm touchdown with the stick held hard back and the flaps retracted to aid braking. It can stop in fairly short order. No flown onto wet grass yet, but I think the factors are in the POH, if not then the CAA/JAA ones should be applied.