PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings - Has anyone discussed the actual course??
Old 30th Mar 2008, 22:26
eoincarey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dj

i disagree. Yes the paperwork element between courses may be largely similiar, but as we should know by now, there is a wide variety between training providers as to how they go about getting you to that standard. Variable factors include aircraft fleet, maintenance, availability, instructors, accommodation, transport, exams, fees; these are all important when picking a school, as a quick review of some threads on this forum should have highlighted. CTC is a great option, yes - but that doesn't mean you shouldn't examine its package just as carefully as one would with other schools.

If you need another reason why such thought is so important, think about cost. Taking an ATPL Integrated course at around £65000 ish, and say it lasts around about 13 months, that works out at around £1250 being spent a week. For that sort of outlay, I would want to know pretty damn well what my money was doing, and how it was working for me.

Kerosine - keep asking questions, and don't sign for anything until you're well genned up on what it involves. Common sense for all financial matters, especially when it involves so much cash.

ETC