PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost for annual
Thread: Cost for annual
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 22:21
scooter boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PEASACAKE,
As it happened my LPC was scheduled for the day I collected the machine. The "expert opinion" was that of the regional examiner. There was pretty significant vibration and a visible 2" gap between the tip paths.
Had I been PIC then I would have made the exact same call.

Being a reasonable kinda guy I will ask for a detailed breakdown of the work done (this was not included with the bill). I am well aware of the impact of CAA charges and bureaucracy and the way they drive up the prices and burden of paperwork, however I think this bill will take some justification.

Redeye is quite right that there aren't many options down here in the Southwest UK, however friends have recommended alternatives. My main reason for sticking with this outfit has been convenience, but having had 3 wks of downtime and a bill this size is making me reconsider.

I have no intention of paying any more for the rebalancing - this has already cost me £100 in landing fees, £70 in avgas and 0.9h loss of component life, I think I have paid enough.

I would be grateful for more recommendations for alternative maintenance organisations.

Thanks guys,
SB