PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 22:12
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 757 Speedbrakes
Jet2's aircraft are too loud ey? Give us a longer runway and we can de-rate the take off power more. Someone ought to go into LBA and do a few circuits in a BAC 1-11, 707 or even an old 737-200 to show what a 'loud' aeroplane actually sounds like!!
Just noticed this post when reading recent ones on this thread and can't resist following up.

Speedbrakes - someone was ahead of you on that idea, and they put an E3A AWACS (ie. your 707!) into LBA. Twice in a morning (either that or two of them went in - I don't have sight of the rwy to tell). I was working from home, which places it at the end of Feb looking at my diary.

I can confirm that it was louder than anything Jet2 flies - loud enough to get me up from my desk and over to the window, which Jet2 isn't

I also have to say that anyone living near LBA who thinks Jet2 is loud either hasn't been here very long or has short memories. We used to get Concorde on a regular basis - loud, beautiful and sadly missed. The AWACS had noise and some novelty value, but doesn't compare.