PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting ATPL Tomorrow!! Any Tips??
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 22:04
Platinum206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bom bom bom, 56" thats how we got it!

And I think it came up in our exam too!

Mike stories are great as they break up the sometimes overwhelming info your getting as previously mentioned.

I could go on but won't!

Dress code is anything really, be prepared to answer some questions about your chosen football/rugby shirt etc.

Watch out for the crank-shaft (I think thats what it was), it'll wake you up real quick if you were dozing off, I was a regular target

The lecturers are great and mostly very helpful, and you get to meet some more great guys as you progress.

Bring plenty of coffee/ red-bull etc to patricks classes. He really is a great guy, knows everything about what he's talking about but does go into excruciating detail which can be painfully dragged out, commonly resulting in spontaneous narcolepsy (sp?)

100% echo the remarks about the door men, I tried to be nice at the start but gave up after a short while. Absolutely no coffee or tea allowed in the rooms, so if you want to outsmart the guys at the front, don't get in the lift to go to the fourth floor with your drink, (they'll waddle over and try to stop you) just walk up the stairs as they assume your going to the canteen, they're not that smart really! (I hate that refectory word!)

Shop across the road has cheap enough sandwiches (some under £1.50) if i forgot lunch or hadn't got much cash it was handy and did the job.

You'll be overwhelmed at the start but it will all start to come together a while before the first exams. Then for phase B and C, which I certainly found more enjoyable and interesting, your more comfortable with your surroundings, peers,more settled in the routines of studying etc, especially if your starting here and have been out of education for a while.

You'll love it and hate it in equal measures from time to time!

Just some of my thoughts!

Quotes:

"Bom, Bom, Bom,......56"

"I'm going to give you a Hand-Owt"

"You don't need to bother with bristol, everything you need is right here on our CD."

"ooooooooooooooooh. I'll have to get back to you on that one!"

"You da man!"

"IF YOU DON'T USE BRISTOL! You WILL fail!"

"Grand Mal or Petit Mal"

"Dear Mr Walker,
Re: Personal Conduct During CAA Examinations."

"NO BUTTERFACES" (Thats the most important one)