PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 21:20
derekvader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAEngineering
Another thing, we hear BA quoting that there is some 15,000 bags loose at Heathrow. We also hear that we have some 400 of Willies Helpers. doing some rudamentry mathematics ( I learned it on me matamatics course when a apprentice yoof) I work out these happy helpers just have to move less than 40 bags each.
Aren't a lot of the "volunteers" supposedly helping out upstairs in check-in etc making people feel "happy" (and helping showing people where to go, since when I was there the signage was extremely lacking). I don't think they're all down in the baggage room.

Also, presumably dealling with the 15,000 stuck bags is more than just carrying them from A to B - I imagine it entails finding the passenger's details, calling them up, finding out where they are now, working out how to get the bag back to them, via plane, train or automobile, whatever etc. I can well imagine it being difficult to process even 5 of them an hour if the customer is at the other end of the country or the planet by now.