PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 20:57
BAengineering

BA volunteers

I have been criticised for posting alot on this subject, I only visited PPRUNE to voice my general support for our Pilot community at BA. I was suitably disgusted at the way BA 'management' was conducting matters.

Then this sh1t happened, on the former site of a sh1t farm. I admit I have spent much time, for free on this site. Despite the lack of financial renumeration I feel it is a valuable use of my time.

Getting to the point - I cannot for the life of me understand where MR Willie and Co managed to obtain 400 volunteers? And what does this volunteering entail? (is there some sort of payment for this, some reward?) Are these people, giving their time for free? Whilst it may appear to be the case, we must remember BA is not a charity.

Another thing, we hear BA quoting that there is some 15,000 bags loose at Heathrow. We also hear that we have some 400 of Willies Helpers. doing some rudamentry mathematics ( I learned it on me matamatics course when a apprentice yoof) I work out these happy helpers just have to move less than 40 bags each.

Supposing they do an 8 hr shift that breaks down to just 5 bags an hour. Not a tremedous effort you might expect, surely the mountain of bags will have been whittled to nothing today.

However we all know that none of this is the case, that this is just more of BA propoganda yarns. THere are few if any 'helpers', just those morons that have been involved in planning for this fiasco and feel guilty as sin for all the skiving they have been doing for the last few years. Can you imagine these office wallowers moving bags? Remember they are the brains of the bunch not the brawn, they are trained to direct not do.

Willie, if you want my help the answer is no, this is your sh1t, you sort it out. Oh and then you can do us all a favour and resign.

BAeng1