PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 20:51
BestonBoard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airhostessdream...

Firstly, please accept my commiserations that you were not successful on this occasion... Contrary to popular belief, our recruitment team do have a set citeria to which candidates must be successful in all areas to be able to proceed to the next level. I am sorry it seemed that only inexperienced or non flyers seemed to be successful. In my opinion, being proactive, instead of taking a back seat is a great quality.
Unfortunately, not being part of your recruitment process, I cannot speak for your assessors... Please do not be disheartened... I notice you have also enquired on the EOS thread... good for you! There are currently a limited amount of business class only, or first class only airlines out there, alongside EOS, another strong candidate would be someone like Privatair... However, neither of their products (although marketed in similar ways) are the same as us... EOS, although advertised as business class, are more of a 1st class product... with the prices to match. Privatair... are just that... Private... corporate flight attendants, working on smaller aircraft that operate longhaul routes...

I believe I have mentioned before, Silverjet are looking for crew who are willing to go the extra mile, be part of a team, whilst being able to show their individuality, use their own initiative, whilst being everything that our brand portrays whilst at work... All of this because you want to, not because you have to... Believe me, it does become apparent very soon if Silverjet is not the airline for you. For example, some people find it very uncomfortable being on 1st name terms with their customers.

Our recruitment will soon be hitting the ground running... With the arrival of 2 new aircraft, the announcement of 2 new destinations and with the new financial year and pay reviews happening in the near future... Silverjet is looking to the skies methinks!

I hesitate to comment on some posts on here, however, may I take the opportunity to stress... Silverjet are not an airline that want crew to fly for us because we are the first British all business class airline... In my experience, we want individuals to fly for us... to be the person they are, and to help us all grow, and develop, and to want to be the best they can be at what they do!

Good luck to anyone who is coming to our upcoming Assessment Centres... I hope I will see you onboard very soon!

BoB

Last edited by BestonBoard; 30th Mar 2008 at 20:53. Reason: grammatical error