PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New big prop, facing the A320 & 737: TurboLiner.
Old 30th Mar 2008, 18:44
low n' slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 5 Cents.
Being the pilot of a flying snowball, I welcome the idea of a bigger, better TP.
I like the design! But make the nose looke a little more like the Saab and less like the Dornier and you're home free!

It's all very nice with the electrical tug system, but I feel it will function just as all the other "nice to have capabilities" I have so far seen, and that is occasionally/sporadically. Having complex electronics in an area that will take up a lot of force in everyday operations just doesn't feel sound to me. Reliability and ease of maintenance is very important and any factors compromising this must be taken into consideration.

Also I feel a little sceptic to the gear/wing configuration. It would feel more sturdy having the gear in the nacelles (Fokker and Dash) instead of the ATR-type placement. A high wing I argue will make the plane more sensitive to strong crosswinds.

I also notice you have given the plane speedbrakes similar to the Bae. You would save more just getting rid of them. Remember, it's a turboprop. Not only are they inherrently slow, but they also have a fantastic stopping capability by means of the props... Having liftdumpers/flight spoilers though (Dash) makes a little sense considering manouverability and landing the wing upon touchdown.

By the way, what is all of this for? Looks the buisness, can't be just for fun or is it?

/LnS

Last edited by low n' slow; 30th Mar 2008 at 18:50. Reason: forgot a slight detail