PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting ATPL Tomorrow!! Any Tips??
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 16:01
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just finished at London Met.

On the first day, expect the morning to be a welcome chat from the lecturers, but after lunch you will be straight into the deep end. The first couple of days, I thought WTF have I got myself into, the sheer volume of info that comes at you is immense, but gradually it all starts to sink in and make sense.

In my group, most of us had taken a packed lunch on the first day, but everyone went to the pub over the road as people were too embaressed to say they had food with them !!. There are a couple of good food joints nearby, but depends on your budget if you use them - some of the guys on my course used them and were spending in excess of £5 every day but alot of us just took our own and ate in the refectory as it was obviously cheaper.

Don't bother trying to make too many notes, just get yourself plenty of highlighters. In my group we went from trying to write down every word in Phase A, to hardly writing anything in Phase C and just highlighting stuff.

They are a great bunch of lecturers there, you will enjoy it. I'm missing not being there now.

"Gentleeeeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeeen"