PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 11:00
BAengineering

Lest we forget

Dear Overstress,

I accept that you may feel the holocaust reference a tad too far, my reference merely stated for the visualisation associated with piles of suitcases. That each has a very graphic tale of it's own to tell. This as an aid to Hartington who seems to suggest that the media are overhyping the matter. That there were not 15,000 bags in a pile at LHR struck me as being very similiar to the Nazi propaganda that also used denial as a diffusing method to divert attention away from the real depth of that despicable situation.

I of course am not suggesting the T5 situation is on any level comparable to what happened in concentration camps during the holocaust. I will however reiterate and believe IMHO that both situations do draw parallels.

Repression against humanity can occur in many guises, the misery that the current regime at BA, which I sure you will concur, has brought upon its staff is just one such example. It is widely reported that 'morale' is low at BA, it has been for sometime. With our Pilots about to strike and cabin crew too, what the heck is going on.

No I won't retract or relax, as maybe unlike you I feel passionate about BA, it is tragic and will have considerable and significant impact on the lives of some 50,000 + staff if things continue as they are.

Now I'm off out to do some work, (no time for a walk) they (BA) might have banned PPRUNE from within BA computer systems, but they can't stop us bringing in our own PDA's. Wow the wonder of modern 3g technology, unrestricted and uncensored media anytime you like. Oh that reminds me, another similarity with the BA propaganda/media team has with the Nazi regime. They believe they can restrict the truth with censorship. I've held back on that subject till now, what on earth do they think they are doing banning the BBC and Sky from the terminals!!!!! What complete amateurs....... Fascist bunch.

One last thing, I don't (correct me if I’m wrong) believe I have denigrated BA; I have been vocal about the competence of our leadership team. Anyway, even if I did, I certainly wouldn't be alone on this or any other forum I have taken the time to visit. Certainly if you remember the staff survey's conducted by MORI at BA over the last few years. I can recall our management castigating us over the results; one in particular sticks in my mind.

A majority of BA staff (60%) were likely to give a negative response when questioned whether they though BA was a good airline. Speaks volumes really Overstress, I think it might be you that is out of kilt with the reality of the situation. So take a printout of my comments, go for a long walk and mull them over, you know I speak the truth.

Love and peace to all