PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMNI aviation philippines
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 01:40
Passenger 07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ubing for your add-in
I am not in the Philippines and MOGAS is not tolerated in most of Countries including where I am- because it is not a Certified Aviation Fuel, it can contain water in small quantity and impurities. MOGAS is not under the rigorous constraints of aviation fuel for checks and storage. UK-CAA has published information about utilisation of MOGAS and from their studies, it appears that in our tropical countries, the ambient temperature discards totally the use of MOGAS. More, I have heard about a school utilising MOGAS on Lycoming engines: the consequences were financially high: the valves are not appreciating this fuel, and they have to change the top heads at half normal life time.

More in Training we should apply the "transport Category" regulations which once more bans the utilisation of a non certified aviation fuel. The practice of using MOGAS should be condemned.

One accident may always happen in one school even the best ones, but the reasons of the accident have to be analysed sharply. But several incidents/accidents are certainly suspicious.