PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 01:02
pasoundman

cargosales
pasoundman, that's a lovely, very emotional but entirely uninformative reply. Would you care to have another go please?

As Tigs says, we are on your side but proving that is a teensy bit difficult when you can't/don't/won't answer fundamental questions about where 'staff' ends and 'management' begins.
If I were to talk of 'senior management' would that make more sense. I'd imagined it would be read as such but I admit I may have overlooked the fact that there actually may be some quite compentent 'junior' management.

You see, any business has a heirarchy that's a bit like a pyramid. You need lots of people doing the day to day routine stuff at the lower levels and so on and so forth until you get ONE person like WW at the top.

Now, you might expect or hope that those at the top ought to be the best educated, experienced, skilled and informed that the company has but this is not assured. And this is where BA has fallen down.

Furthermore there seems to be a culture that's arisen where the everyday staff know that reporting 'bad news' is unwelcome, so they have probably more or less given up even trying to tell the various layers of management where the problems exist. After so long you realise it's probably not worth bothering.

Ever seen the film "I'm Alright Jack" ? Not quite the same but it might be instructive.