PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 00:37
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck trying to run a complex world spanning airline with no management. A lot of the bile and apparent class bitterness is easily disproved because sadly for your argument, there are one or several rather good British firms doing quite well. They are well managed often by men who work very hard to gain an MBA. These business schools are not taught by professors in ivory towers but by real business types as well as experienced professionals. So let's dial down the 1970s hatred of the white collar succesful man and get over the fact you don't work in an office for a moment. Stop generalising about things you evidently know little about.
The problems at BA are that BA is BADLY managed. That is not headline news. It has been well managed in the past, I will point to Lord King and Lord Marshall who were far from angels or perfect but delivered results with a class product. Contrast that will Ayling and his ethnic tail fins PR calamity, I loved them but they were too clever by half and the airline is much better served with the iconic union flag. Also contrast Rod Eddington with Mr Walsh who is comic material gold and a classic little chap with a big ego. He's a laughing stock, his managers are shown to have been absent in due diligence and for the first time in my life I think that BA deserve to fail. Really, they're a national bloody joke !